June 18, 2012

Neon Manicure! China Glaze "Celtic Sun (Neon)"

Hi ladies. : ) I hope you all had a very happy Father's Day weekend.  I spent most of my weekend with the boyfriend's family in the relaxed city of Vancouver, Washington.  On Saturday, we went fishing at the Bonneville Dam with his brother.  They stopped by Fred Meyer (giant grocery store chain) and each bought an $11 day fishing license.  I didn't know it was so easy to become a fisherman!


Wally's first fishing trip at the Bonneville Dam, Columbia River.  

  I read that nearly 1 million shad fish pass through the Bonneville Dam each season. Wally and I enjoyed the beautiful sunny day, and watched as hundreds of people fished in the beautiful Columbia River.  It was crazy packed with (mostly Asian) people fishing for shad! The boys caught some fish, and brought it home for their momma to prepare and cook.  It was such a fun experience to eat the catch of the day. :D Each shad fish has 600 bones making it super hard to eat!  Most Asian people don't have any problems with picking out bones as they eat. 0_o lol  But I have a big problem with fish bones! I gave up after sampling the shad, and opted for a delicious bowl of Donna's homemade Bun Rieu (Vietnamese Crab Noodle Soup).

In other news!  I decided to change up my nail polish while catching up on the latest episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I went neon with my new light bright polish! I picked up my very first China Glaze neon nail polish at Sally's Beauty Supply, and I am blinded by brightness!  It's the coolest shade of highlighter yellow.  I tried to take photos with my iPhone 4S, but the camera got blinded. lol  I took the photos below with my Canon 60D, and it still can't capture the fluorescent yellow.  I highly recommend the CG "Celtic Sun" if you're in the market for a NEON.

And YES, I got super dark over the weekend.  I tan very easily!

 I started off with one of my trusty white OPI polish ("My Boyfriend Scales Walls") as a basecoat for the neon polish.  I would recommend using a more true white nail polish, such as OPI "Alpine Snow" if you have it.  The neon polish is more transparent so having the white base is a must to get the neon effect at full power!  Be sure to apply a thin coat of the white base, and let it dry before applying the sheer neon color.

 The polish is so incredibly bright, photos cannot justify the color pay off.  Good job China Glaze!

 "Celtic Sun (Neon) by China Glaze $5-6 at Sally's

 I don't know if my tan brings out the neon, or if the neon polish brings out my tan. lol


Essie, OPI, China Glaze, Seche Vite
I like this combination!

 I would call this a "weekend only" polish. lol 
I was hesitant about the neon trend at first, but now I really love seeing it on the gazillions of stylish fashionistas worldwide. I figured I would start with my nails. : )  I count nail polish as an accessory, do you? ; )

7 comments:

  1. Looooooooove! You have such amazing nails! And you do such a good job painting them! Andddd! I need to remember this white base trick! I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you @LC! :) Try the white base and let me know how it goes. I know you have that awesome Illamasqua neon polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails looks INCREDIBLE! I don't use Seche Vite but I'm a big fan of that Essie base coat too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rites of Beauty What top coat do you use? I'm in the market for an alternative for Seche Vite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahaha that was funny, i love 50 shades of grey! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love my "out the door" topcoat too, its shiny, fast drying and lasts long. i haven't tried seche vite yet so i can't compare though.. i didn't want to try it since it causes birth defects or something??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,

    I believe you can get Essie's Mint Candy Apple at Ulta.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!