November 10, 2012

EOTD: e.l.f. Evil Queen Day Evil

 My friend also named Stephanie from Chicago sent me the e.l.f. Evil Queen palette as a sweet gift. :) She's one of those generous friends that spoil you just because!

 I had heard about the e.l.f. / Disney collaboration for makeup villains palettes.
I was instantly reminded of the MAC VenomousVillains collection that came out Fall 2010.
I can't believe how fast time flies!



 The palette offers two different looks, 1. Day Evil, and 2. Night Villain.
 It comes with one pair of false lashes, 8 eyeshadows, 2 lip & cheek color, eye primer, and liquid eyeliner. Honestly...you can throw that e.l.f. liquid eyeliner out (well just keep it in the palette for looks ;)) because it's not a very good product. The eyeliner brush is pretty bad; you have little control when applying it! The liquid liner and eye primer also dries on your eyelids and gets sticky like glue on your skin. It's the weirdest feeling to blink and feel your eyelid skin be sticky? It's not a comfortable feeling to have around your eye area.

The lip/cheek color in the Day Evil part of the palette is surprising really awesome. It's a great lip color. It takes a minute to get used to applying pencil to your cheeks and blending it out, but it's a clever product and I definitely will keep it somewhere for those days when you're out and about and need to reapply some blush. It's so tiny and portable!

I can't comment yet on the red lip & cheek color since I haven't used it yet. I don't think I will be using the lash glue included with the kit..based on my experience with the eye primer and liquid liner.
The eyeshadows aren't too bad, but there is a ton of fall out. There definitely is a difference between e.l.f. eyeshadow and brands like MAC and Urban Decay. I think I'm just spoiled by my normal eyeshadows. The e.l.f. shadows are mildly pigmented, soft, and apply pretty good. I just dislike the fall out. Don't plan on retouching your eyeshadow (even the corners) because you will get a lot of loose shadow on your eyeliner and mascara. I made that mistake! I ended up going over the black liquid liner with a black shadow from my Urban Decay Naked Palette just to set it. I also went over it with Makeup Forever Black Eyeliner on top.
  I'm also wearing my new Dolly Wink eyebrow pencil on my eyebrows, and Dolly Wink black eyeliner on my lower lash line and water line.
 My contact lenses are Peach in color, and I think they look really good over brown eyes.
The Peach lenses are from http://www.kiwiberry1-collection.com/
Lashes are my own with help from Maximum Lash Serum. ;)
I wish I could still find it! I find any sellers anymore. I wonder if the company was sold and the product was re-branded. 
 The e.l.f. Evil Queen palette retails for $9.99.
 Pick it up if you find it because they're getting pretty hard to find in stores and are going for double the prices on eBay. I think they make a wonderful gift for any friends in your life. : )
I'll post the Night Villain look pretty soon wearing the lashes in the palette. I getting back into posting my EOTD's. 
I really enjoy blogging as a stress reliever, and since my friend sent me this palette, why not!
Thanks again Stephanie!
In Dolly Wink news, I went to Uwajimaya in Bellevue on Thursday with Marisa to pick up some Japanese beauty products.
I've always wanted to try Dolly Wink makeup, and I finally bit the bullet. I picked out their eyebrow pencil in #2, and eyeliner pencil in black. I also splurged on the Lux shampoo & conditioner set. I paid $27 for both...I've used Lux shampoo back in college and I absolutely loved it! I finished up my Pantene shampoo and conditioner and I felt like treating myself to something a little luxurious for the cold weather. : )
 How cute is the packaging right? I especially like the packaging of the Dolly Wink eyeliner.
All 3 items rang out to be a little over $60 with tax.
 Dolly Wink black eyeliner pencil..$15! 
Today was my first day wearing it on my water liner and lower lash line and it gets gold stars from me. I will let you know how I like it as a daily eyeliner.
 The Dolly Wink eyebrow pencil #2 was $13, it's not bad..a little on the wax-y side which most eyebrow pencils are so they don't melt off. lol
I won't be repurchasing it because I don't like the color. It's too light and too brown/auburn for my eyebrows. I'll give it a few more days and if I can't get it to work, you'll be seeing it on my blog sale. :)
 Overpriced? Maybeee but it's also a Japanese product that's available at Uwajimaya for our convenience so I think it's not that bad.  I really want to try their lash glue, but they didn't carry it at the Bellevue store. 
 The falsies are really pretty too, but they're $19 for 2 pairs..I rarely ever reuse my false lashes because I like to wear mascara with falsies. It' pretty much ruins them from future use unless you take the time to clean them. Maybe I'll splurge on a pair next year. lol Or if I save $1 for 19 days, I'll justify the purchase then! :D I also want to try Lilly Ghalichi's Lilly Lash line! I think she's so gorgeous and can't wait to watch her on Bravo's Shahs of Sunset!
I highly recommend Lux shampoo and conditioner. The price is more on the luxury end for shampoo, but it's a really great product. Your hair will feel and smell amazing! I currently am using a Lux body wash as well! I picked it up for $5.49 on sale at Vieh Wah, a local Vietnamese gorcery store chain! :D
You know you got your ishh together when you got matching shampoo, conditioner, AND body wash brands!!
  Uwajimaya Bellevue's face wash aisle!! lol
This isn't even their main or largest store!
 Green Tea Kit Kats used to be so hard to find because people would hoard them when they were in stock. I think there's plenty to go around now. :)
My favorites: Salmon, Scallops, Flying Fish Roe, and Saba (Mackerel).
My Japanese dinner from Friday night. I figured it kind of fit the theme of the second half of my post. ^_^ I'm trying to cut out sushi rice when I go out for Japanese food. I don't like feeling full from the sushi rice and all the added sauces. I like a little bit of low sodium soy sauce and a ton of wasabi with my sashimi.
I wanted to share this awesome Costco find with you. They currently have their holiday stock out and these are giant (about 2 feet tall) glass apothecary jars filled with chocolates! More excitingly, you get a gorgeous glass jar!We got one for the Seattle law office, and hopefully I can figure out what to use the jar for after the holidays. They go for $44.99, but the jar itself is worth it. They're really expensive wherever you can find them, such as Crate & Barrel.

The past few photos are from my Instagram & Twitter so find me there if you haven't already!
My username is DSKJewelry on both!
I'll talk to you all later because Minh is making me watch Dances with Wolves because I've never seen it before. Tatonka..I'm waiting for the famous Tatonka part of this movie. lol Bye!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!