April 3, 2020

Quarantine Queen

Hi Blog Friends!

Where or where did the time go? It actually went towards Instagram if we're talking about social media hours. lol lol. I wanted to write here and just document what's going on in my life. Tomorrow is my 33rd birthday, and I figured it's a good time to jot down my thoughts for fun.

I hope everyone is out there living your best lives, I just know you are. It's been well over 10 years ago that I started writing here on Blogspot, but let's not focus on the past. I'm all about what's ahead nowadays. The internet seems to move so fast with Instagram but I'm still young enough to keep up! It definitely can suck you in and waste time, but if you enjoy wasting that time, then it's not time wasted. I've recently discovered Tik Tok too. Wow. Mind blown, totally new world.



I've been into reading quotes. Every night around 10pm, after I get ready for bed, I slap on a Korean sheet mask and browse the Internet on my Safari browser for quotes! I think of a topic such as happiness and type "fun quotes' and view the Images on Google. Happiness quotes are most definitely overrated. lol The good ones are in niche topics such as organization. I can't believe this is what I'm think about now in my 30's. My ultimate goal is to be organized, live a decluttered life. My skincare game has been strong too. Nothing fancy, but I make sure to wash off all my makeup and moisturize before bedtime! Taking out my contact lenses is also a must! I used to fall asleep in my contacts all the time which is bad for my eyes!

I feel my self proclaimed QUOTES TIMES has been good for my mind and soul to relax and read quotes that are uplifting. I enjoy the funny ones too! My favorite topic has got to be decluttering.
Tell me these quotes don't "Spark Joy!" I've heard of Marie Kondo and read 3/4th of her book several years ago when a girl friend introduced me to her way of living. She had kids and was constantly getting rid of things, I at first, thought she was going mad. Because I love stuff! As soon as I was making my own money, I looked forward to all the new things I could buy.


But let's go back to how I acquired Marie Kondo's book on tidying up. I found the book through a friend of friend on Facebook and she passed the book to me, she shipped it at her expense (random fact: media mail gets you a discount at the post office when you mail movies, music, or books!). I have a hard time just accepting something so I wanted to send her a 'thank you', and I sent her a pair of my DSK Jewelry earrings. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if she would have even wanted them. LOL I sure hope they sparked a little bit of joy for her.


I was actually somewhat ahead of the Kon Mari craze but never took it too seriously. Once the show came out in January 2019, that struck a cord with me. I was reminded of what I was taught in her book, and now I could visually see what she meant! I'm a big visual learner. I get distracted super easily when I read. I have to reread pages constantly if my brain decides to think of something else.

I have 1/4th of that book left to finish and I think I might just reread the book and pass it on to someone else to share the knowledge. I'm not much of a book collector even thought Belle's library in Beauty and the Beast is epic and dreamy.


How does that saying go? The older you get the wiser you get? I think this is FACTS. lol STRONG FACTS. I think you experience the joy of everything you ever wanted as a child when you become a young adult with money you earn from working. You try to fulfill all those desires of your childhood, but once you buy too much, there's really no more high. You are able to buy them so quickly, they no longer spark as much joy or feel as special. Then it all eventually becomes clutter if you don't use them.



I've really started to focus on the things I do have and own. I tell myself I don't need another handbag because I barely use the ones I already do have. I think my priorities have shifted. Been there done that. I don't need material things or luxury goods to feel fulfilled. I don't feel its as important to me to impress others the way I used to feel for some odd reason. I guess it's all part of growing up.


I want to learn everything good organization gurus have to say. I want to read books written by them I want to absorb and process the words they speak! And apply it in ways to benefit my life and those around me.

My husband and I don't argue often, but when we do it's about stuff. We both have so much stuff because we both love to shop and buy things with hope that it will improve our lives.  I've learned my lesson, and I no longer want to buy things. I want to donate and sell the things we don't need in our home. I want us to live in a space that brings us happiness. Clutter has proven to be the opposite of happiness for us, and I'm so happy I have identified it! I've spent years defending the things I have stored in our house, our garage, our storage unit! There's no need for us to spend $172/month on a storage unit. It's just silly. My goal for quarantine Spring is to have our garaged cleared out to fit 1 car, and to have our storage unit cleared out completely and returned!

All that clutter used to be money, for sure. There's no point dwelling on it or feeling bad, do something about it. Facebook Marketplace has become my best friend. I love selling things for cash. It adds up! It's amazing how I can list things for $5-20 dollars and get back $100 in a day of the stuff I just have around my house. It does require time and effort, but I enjoy and get a high from reselling my things that still have a lot of life!


 I seek simplicity now. I want space for my mind to be refreshed everyday I wake up.

I read another great quote just last night.  "He who buys what he doesn't need steals from himself." Where was this when I needed to hear it the most? It's such a deep saying. I feel it, I relate, it makes so much sense!


Don't steal from yourself. It's simple, right? Haha, I hope you are all doing well.

Find me on Instagram at DSKJewelry and say, "Hi!"


I post stories daily because it sure does spark joy! :)


Signing off! -Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!