$$ So you wanna hit up the casino?Here are some facts + tips to keep in mind ~ ^_^
As those of you who go gambling, you know it's super easy to lose willpower when you play with money like it's monopoly money.
IMPORTANT: PLAY INDIAN CASINOS WHEN YOU CAN, they pay out A LOT more than non-Indian owned casinos.
1. Gamble with a partner, NEVER gamble alone.
2. Have your partner spot (one of you guys needs to be in control and have willpower)you hhahaa, for example, say I start out with $100 bill, I put it in a $1 slot machine, if I win anything more than $20..I cash out my $120, and put the $20 I won away. Actually, I'm lying, I have to give it to Minh to tuck away, or I stuff it in the zipper compartment in my purse. Repeat process.
3. If you lose that $100, put in another $100, and continue the same process. Keeping track of your loss + gains.
4. CREDIT CARD CASH BACK IS THE DEVIL (SOMETIMES). Just don't do it.
Bring $500 with you, and decide how much you're willing to lose. If you're a baller, bring more! Just don't do use plastic to withdraw money. It looks too desperate, haha
5. Play $1 slots, don't waste your time with 25 cent or 50 cent slots unless you're bored and want to waste a few hours with little rewards.
6. This should have been #1, go to the player's club and sign up for a player's card. This is FREE, it's a point card that you insert in a slotmachine or a throw on the table to rack up points to get free meals, hotels, and other perks ^_^
7. ALWAYS ask the casino staff, what they can do for you. Explain to them that you've been playing here, losing $$$ and they will usually give you something for free hahaha
8. Casino food is hella good, so eat here while you're here.
9. When playing table games, throw $500 out on (along with your player's card) the table for them to exchange into chips for you. This shows that you're #1 a baller, and #2 you know what's up. haha (by exchanging $200 or more, they add points to your player's card. Remember to make your first bet your largest bet, as they calculate your average play. They basically have a math equation they use to figure out how many complementary points to put on your card.
They average it with your first bet. Minh and I usually bet $25 at whatever table game we're playing the first time.
10. Slowly, hide your larger chips. The table manager will think you have been losing money, if you ever notice they ask you to "color in" your chips and have the manager come by to count it before you leave. This is because they're keeping track of your play and your money!! They want to know if you lost or won. You need to screw with them and mess them up!! so you get more rewards. lol
I always give my chips to Minh who is usually standing behind me or sitting next to me when I play $100 chips at a time. Again, they will take the initial amount you exchange for chips, the first bet, and how much you leave their table with when they figure out how many points to give your card.
11. Take advantage of free amenities, non-alcoholic drinks from cocktail waitresses are ALWAYS free, you can tip them a $1 or more depending on how generous you are feeling.
12. If you win big at the slots or table, be sure to tip the person who helped you, or the dealer.
Say you win $400+ at a table, throw out a $5 chip on the side at the dealer, they really do get to keep their tips. You'll notice other players tip too, it's just common courtesy, if you don't tip, some people will give you dirty looks. haha Remember, you're at the casino, you're a baller!!
13. If you win jackpots of $1,000+ haha tip people who help you $20 each. You'll notice that they will give you $900 large bills, and 5 $20, meant for tipping hahahahahaha
14. ENJOY, relax, eat, drink, you're on a mini vacation in the casino castle.
15. Don't leave until you win!! haha jk, but that's the kind of person I am..but I guess just know your limit, know how much you're willing to lose. There's always next.
16. Money can always be made, so have a good time, don't be stingy! Just play!! And if you don't know how to play something?? ASK! They dealers are there to teach you the game, and they're ALL friendly.
17. I highly recommend $1 slots, $5 slots, and $10 slots ($5+ are considered high limit slots)
When playing the slot machine you have 3 choices of bet, Bet 1, Bet 2, Bet 3 (MAX BET), always go with MAX BET x3, so $1 x 3= $3 bet / time, but if you win your winnings is multiplied by 3!!
18. Don't get discouraged by your first 10 losing "pulls" on the slots, you'll hit a win before you know. And if you lose that first $100, pick a different machine and stuff $100 in it!! If not the same machine.
19. TIMING. TIMING IS EVERYTHING in a casino, especially during the slots. If you notice, most slots have a pay out time. Everyone around you will be winning!! You'll definitely here the machine as well as the "WOOO!!! YEAH!!" from players. It's quite a great feeling to be around happy people gambling haha
20. ALWAYS LEAVE WITH FREE STUFF, you remember that players card I talk about? Well, usually your points rack up to be free plays on the slots, or you can use those points $ to pay for dinner, or even buy goodies from the gift shop!! They have machines that will tell you how many points you have accumulated, and if that doesn't work, just go ask the player's club people. If you don't have enough points for free stuff..they're always free sugar packets, matches, straws, hand wipes, and napkins!!
And when you win big? Go shopping! Buy that LV bag that you'd been wanting, I never save casino money..it's free and meant to be spent on spurlges!! haha like buying MAC, a whole lot of MAC!!
Usually most slot machines allow you to check your points. Btw, they'll ask you to type in a PIN # to access your cards info.
I'm currently in class right now, but I just wanted to post this real quick for my girl Miss Ria, who's celebrating her 21st in Viva Las Vegas!! Happy Birthday Girl!!
Will update more tonight!